What to Expect
- – FIRST Robotics teaches gracious professionalism. We will follow that same principle.
- – Students will be exposed to industry leaders in all STEM related fields.
- – In the pre-season, the team will work on several projects to prepare them for the build season. The volunteer team coaches, mentors and guest speakers will guide the students, but they will be expected to complete tasks on their own.
- – During the build season, the team will follow the engineering design process once the challenge has been revealed by FIRST. Then they will begin building a prototype.
**** Photo Release ****
A Photo Release will be submitted for FIRST Robotics and TOAST.
- – The team will be divided into smaller functional groups, i.e. build, program, strategy, etc. It is at this stage the students will learn the power of diversity and teamwork.
- – The team must prepare, maintain and present an engineering notebook. This is a requirement for qualification for the State/Regional Championships. Part of the notebook is a team presentation to the judges. Students will learn to speak in a public forum.
- – There are many disciplines of the team. Not only will the STEM topics be well covered, we will also explore CAD drafting, additive manufacturing (3D printing), graphic arts, web design, marketing, brand management, social media and much more…
*These dates are estimates and assume that the FIRST organization does not modfify the season due to COVID-19 concerns.
2021-2022 Robotics Season
- FTC (ages 12-18)
- Season Start — July 20
- Meetings Tue and Thur Evenings
- FIRST Reveal — Usually mid-SeptemberBuild Season —
- FIRST Reveal thru October- Tulsa League Events begin in late October
- State/Regional Qualifiers — Oct thru Feb
- State/Regional Championships — Dec thru Mar
- World Championships — Apr
Form submission is now closed.